Staldgården's history goes as far back as Koldinghus and is thus from around 1268.
Staldgården's current buildings were built in the 1600s.
In the 1860s there was a horse stud farm for the army. The courtyard served as a reassembly ground where the young horses were trained.In the small, thatched house at Koldinghus lived the caretaker, who was to try to prevent the townspeople from stealing bricks from the ruin.

In 1943, the Gestapo had its headquarters and South and Southern Jutland at Staldgården. A prison cell, Zelle II, from this period has been preserved intact. On the walls you can see the names and inscriptions of the prisoners. The cell is protected and forms part of Museum Kolding.

In 2023, Staldgården got a new roof. It was celebrated with a festive topping-out ceremony, as it should be.

June the 6th 2024, the last skylight was put in and the major renovation project was completed. This, too, was celebrated despite the masons' failure to complete the roof. We hope that will come.

Topping-out ceremony on Staldgården's new roof in June 2023
Bustle with the roof at Staldgården
A little rest in the work in honor of the photographer
Last skylight is inserted
The masons are resting
The masons called in to complete the work